Related information about natural disasters and other emergency situations can be found at:
These resources are provided as a service for visitors to MidAmerican Energy's website. Accessing these links will take you to a website separate from this website and any other MidAmerican Energy Holdings Company website. MidAmerican Energy is not responsible for the content and accuracy of the information on these sites.
- www.floodsmart.gov – This is the official site of the National Flood Insurance Program. The site features information about flooding and flood risks, flood preparation and recovery, and residential and commercial flood insurance coverage.
- www.beready.iowa.gov – An initiative of Homeland Security and Emergency Management, this site features information about family emergency plans and building an emergency supply kit to be used in case of flooding. Preparation information related to schools, students and pets, as well as how to join the Citizen Corps as a volunteer also is outlined.
- www.ready.illinois.gov – Learn about the Illinois Energy Management Agency’s 12-month preparedness campaign, which features information, tips and guidance related to a wide variety of emergency situations. Safety measures, warning signs, historical data, emergency contact information and Illinois weather conditions also are featured.
- www.disasterrecovery.sd.gov – The state of South Dakota’s Disaster Recovery website features information specific to flooding, provides information regarding state services available to South Dakotans through various state agencies and also lists a wide variety of contact numbers people often need in times of weather-related disasters.
- www.DontTestTheWatersIowa.gov – To best serve and inform Iowans about available flood mitigation resources, the Iowa Insurance Division, the Iowa Department of Natural Resources, the Iowa Homeland Security and Emergency Management Division, and the Rebuild Iowa Office launched a flood awareness campaign. The website provides flood safety tips, information about how a family can protect their home in the event of a flood, and information on how to contact a flood insurance agent.
- www.projectrecoveryiowa.com – Project Recovery Iowa assists individuals and communities recovering from local disasters through community-based outreach and counseling services. The program assesses the emotional needs of people and makes referrals to traditional behavioral health services, when necessary, and identifies tangible needs and links people to community resources and disaster relief services.