Lighting Equipment Program
SOUTH DAKOTA NONRESIDENTIAL ELECTRIC ENERGY EFFICIENCY PROGRAM SUSPENSION
MidAmerican Energy Company has offered its Nonresidential Custom Systems, Nonresidential Equipment
(Variable-Speed Drives, Lighting Equipment, and Heating and Cooling Equipment) and BusinessCheck® programs to South Dakota
customers since 2009. Program participation is increasing as more customers become interested in saving energy and money
through energy efficiency.
Due to increased participation, 2013 program funding for the electric measures, projects, process improvements and energy
audits associated with the above-referenced programs is nearly depleted. As a result, MidAmerican Energy has suspended the
electric portions of the 2013 Nonresidential Custom Systems, Nonresidential Equipment and BusinessCheck programs.
Nonresidential natural gas measures, projects, process improvements and energy audits are not being suspended.
Residential energy efficiency programs (electric and natural gas) are not affected.
Please note these important points:
- MidAmerican Energy intends to resume the affected programs Jan. 1, 2014.
- If you currently are working on projects, you have until Aug. 15, 2013, to complete the installation and submit rebate applications. We will continue to process applications in the order received and as funding allows. Rebate applications received on or before Aug. 15, 2013, that cannot be paid in 2013 will be processed in early 2014.
- Projects completed and invoiced during the programs’ suspension from Aug. 16, 2013, through Dec. 31, 2013, will not be eligible for a rebate.
If you have questions about the programs or the status of a rebate application, call 800-318-8915 for the Nonresidential
Custom Systems program, 800-894-9599 for the Nonresidential Equipment program or 877-401-4059 for the BusinessCheck program.
An Outstanding Return on a Light Investment
As a business owner, you look for investments with short payback periods and attractive rates of return. Energy-efficient lighting is just such an investment. As much as 40 percent of your electric bill may be just the cost of your business lighting requirements. Installing energy-efficient lighting can:
- Significantly reduce electric usage
- Decrease monthly energy costs
- Markedly improve lighting quality
- Provide a safer and more productive work environment
MidAmerican Energy's EnergyAdvantage® program encourages the installation of high-efficiency lighting equipment in our customers' industrial and commercial facilities in South Dakota. Energy for which the rebate is paid must be purchased directly from MidAmerican Energy. Rebates are available for these qualifying measures:
- Fluorescent T-8 and T-5 systems, including high-bay fixtures using 800-series lamps
- Pulse-start metal halide fixtures
- LED exit signs
MidAmerican Energy also provides financial incentives to help customers
implement energy-efficient equipment
and systems that are not included in our prequalified
equipment lists or addressed in other EnergyAdvantage programs. Cash incentives will be
customized and are based on the qualifying equipment’s higher incremental cost, peak
annual energy use reduction and annual energy cost savings. An application
for the Custom Systems program must be received
and preapproved by MidAmerican Energy
prior to the customer’s purchase and installation of equipment or systems to be
for a rebate. MidAmerican Energy can provide technical assistance to expedite the rebate
View our Custom Systems guidelines
Brochure and Application Form
Learn how to invest in the energy efficiency of your business by reviewing a program brochure
of our Lighting Equipment program. If you're planning a purchase of qualifying equipment or if you've recently purchased qualifying equipment, apply for a rebate by printing
and completing our application form, which is included in the program brochure.
You must have Adobe Acrobat Reader on your hard drive to view PDF files. Download a free copy by visiting the Adobe Download Site
Call our representatives at 800-894-9599