These resources are provided as a service for visitors to MidAmerican Energy's website. Accessing these links will take you to a website separate from this website and any other MidAmerican Energy Holdings Company website.
- Federal Tax Credits – Consult a qualified tax advisor or visit www.energystar.gov/taxcredits for details related to applicable federal tax credits or incentives available for installation of energy-efficient equipment.
- U.S. Department of Energy – This website provides energy information to consumers, educators, researchers, employees and students.
- Energy Savers – This U.S. Government website offers information to help you save energy in your home, business, vehicle or industrial plant.
- Energy Information Administration – Research comprehensive data, program information and reports, analyses and forecasts to help you and your business. Information is available for households, buildings, industry and vehicles.
- ENERGY STAR® – ENERGY STAR is a joint program of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and the U.S. Department of Energy that helps us all save money and protect the environment through energy-efficient products and practices.
- ENERGY STAR® – Compact Fluorescent Light Bulbs – If just one light bulb in every American home was replaced with an ENERGY STAR-qualified bulb, we would save enough energy to light more than 3 million homes for a year,
save approximately $600 million in annual energy costs, and prevent 9 billion
pounds of greenhouse gases equivalent to the emissions of approximately 800,000 cars.
- ENERGY STAR® for Small Business – Whether you own your building or are a tenant, you typically need lighting, heating, air conditioning and power for office equipment, and other services to stay in business. With free, unbiased information and technical support from ENERGY STAR, you can more easily improve your company's financial performance by reducing energy waste and energy costs, while protecting the earth's environment.
- ENERGY STAR® Home Sealing – Seal and insulate with ENERGY STAR. Learn how to seal and insulate your home's outer walls, ceilings, windows, doors and floors. A do-it-yourself guide offers step-by-step instructions for sealing common air leaks and adding insulation to attics.
- My Energy Gateway – My Energy Gateway was created by the AESP Foundation with a contract from the U.S. Department of Energy. It is a practical tool to help students, displaced workers and returning military plan an education and rewarding career in energy. My Energy Gateway contains a complete database of schools that offer degrees, certifications, as well as internships, scholarships and job descriptions in the energy field.
- Energy Efficiency Organizations – These links are provided solely as a service to our customers, and should not be construed as advocating or reflecting any position of MidAmerican Energy. MidAmerican Energy does not guarantee the content or accuracy of information presented in linked sites.