Do you have an older refrigerator or freezer in your basement or garage? Are you considering
replacing your present refrigerator or freezer? If so, MidAmerican Energy will pay you to let us recycle the old.
Keeping a spare refrigerator or freezer running can add more than $100 per year to your electric bill.
As an Illinois MidAmerican Energy electric customer who has a working refrigerator, freezer or room air
conditioner that you would like to recycle, give us a call. We’ll send a recycling contractor to provide
free pick-up and recycling of your old working appliance (according to environmentally friendly standards),
and even give you a rebate. How cool is that!
View our residential appliance recycling
At the time of your appliance pick-up you will receive an energy-saving kit that includes energy efficiency
tips and additional energy-saving information.
Responsible Appliance Disposal is a voluntary partnership program of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
to help protect the Earth’s ozone layer and reduce greenhouse gas emissions. RAD program partners like
MidAmerican Energy recover ozone-depleting chemicals from old refrigerators, freezers and window air
How do I schedule a pick-up?
- Participants must be residential customers located in MidAmerican Energy Company’s Illinois service territory.
- MidAmerican Energy Company must deliver the primary electricity to the equipment for which the rebate is being paid.
- Refrigerators and freezers must be 10 cubic feet or larger, no commercial sizes.
- Units must be working to qualify for a rebate (unit must operate and cool).
- A maximum of two appliances in each category at each home per year can be recycled through this program.
- Multifamily housing or institutional customers may participate subject to pick-up coordination. (Maximum number of appliances does not apply.)
Call 800-621-2757, weekdays, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m., or visit www.jacoinc.net