Windows, Doors and Siding
Your home is one of the most important investments you ever will make, and major home improvement projects often become
necessary over the life of the home.
To help you with these expenses, MidAmerican Energy offers EnergyAdvantage Financing for windows, insulated vinyl siding
and exterior doors through First American Bank. These loans take some of the expense out of home improvement, and the
energy-efficient replacement measures help make your home more comfortable.
Rebates also are available for adding other energy-efficient measures to your home. View our heating,
cooling and water heating information for additional savings opportunities
Insulated Vinyl Siding
Insulated vinyl siding has rigid foam insulation that is laminated or permanently attached to the panel, providing a continuous layer of insulation that reduces energy loss in the home. Insulated vinyl siding must be certified by the Vinyl Siding Institute to meet or exceed the American Society for Testing and Materials standard D7793 for insulated siding in order to be eligible for EnergyAdvantage Financing.
and choose the insulated siding-only option to
view a list of eligible VSI-certified insulated vinyl siding products.
ENERGY STAR®-certified windows must comply with one of the following:
- U-factor of 0.30 or less (any SHGC allowed)
- U-factor of 0.31 and SHGC of 0.35 or more
- U-factor of 0.32 and SHGC of 0.40 or more
Include the National Fenestration Rating Council label for windows.
ENERGY STAR-certified exterior doors must meet criteria based on glazing level.
- Opaque doors (no glass) must have a U-factor of 0.21 or less (no SHGC requirement)
- ¼- or ½-lite doors (50 percent glass or less) must have a U-factor of 0.27 or less and an SHGC of 0.30 or less
- ¾- or full-lite doors (more than 50 percent glass) must have a U-factor of 0.32 or less and an SHGC of 0.30 or less
Include the National Fenestration Rating Council label for doors.
Glossary of Terms
- Participants must be residential customers located in MidAmerican Energy Company’s Iowa service territory.
- MidAmerican Energy Company must supply your primary mechanical heating or mechanical cooling energy.
How do I apply for EnergyAdvantage Financing?
- SHGC – Solar Heat Gain Coefficient: Measures how well a window or door blocks heat from sunlight
- U-Factor: Measures how well a window or door prevents heat from escaping
For more details about the loan process or to initiate a loan, call 800-894-9599, weekdays, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Contact us if you have questions or to check if your product meets the requirements listed. You must meet
First American Bank's credit qualifications to be eligible for a loan.