Heating, Cooling and Water Heating
Making smart decisions about your home’s heating, cooling and water heating systems can have a big effect on
your utility bills – and your comfort. Approximately half of the energy used in your home goes to heating and
The new System Adjustment and Verified Efficiency certification assures you that the heating and cooling
professional installing or maintaining your new heating, ventilation and air conditioning system is properly
trained in energy-efficient installation and measurement. Your HVAC SAVE-certified contractor’s assessment
will make sure you purchase the most appropriate, energy-efficient system for your home, and that it’s
installed correctly for optimum savings and comfort. To receive eligible rebates on new HVAC equipment,
MidAmerican Energy requires that an HVAC SAVE-certified contractor tests and verifies your equipment.
To find a SAVE-certified contractor in your area, visit www.hvacsave.com
View our heating, cooling and water heating
In order to receive an HVAC equipment rebate, the equipment must be pre-enrolled and tested by an HVAC
SAVE-certified technician unless otherwise noted.
How do I apply for a rebate?
- Participants must be residential customers located in MidAmerican Energy Company’s Iowa service territory.
- MidAmerican Energy Company must provide the primary electricity or natural gas to the equipment for which the rebate is being paid.
- Must be AHRI- or ENERGY STAR-listed.
- Include documentation of GSHP capacities in addition to ENERGY STAR listing.
- Air-source heat pump must meet both SEER and HSPF ratings.
- Heating and cooling equipment (except ground-source heat pump) rebates are included in the comprehensive Residential New Construction rebate and not eligible for additional separate rebates.
Professionally installed equipment and measures:
Two heating and cooling rebate forms are available;
one includes heat pumps
and one excludes heat pumps
Have your dealer send the appropriate completed rebate form and invoice to MidAmerican Energy by March 31, 2015.
Self-installed equipment and measures:
Complete the appropriate rebate form, attach a copy of the
itemized, dated receipt and send to MidAmerican Energy by March 31, 2015.
Call 800-894-9599 with questions.
How do I apply for a loan?
Choose rebates or financing when replacing your heating and cooling equipment. You must meet First American Bank’s
credit qualification requirements to be eligible for a loan. Call 800-894-9599 for more information, including which
equipment may qualify for the program, and to initiate the loan process. Representatives are available weekdays,
8 a.m. - 5 p.m.