Investing in energy efficiency can add value to your properties and increase your lease occupancy rate.
Lower energy bills are attractive to existing and potential tenants. Our trained specialists can help.
Start with a Multifamily Housing Energy Assessment
An energy expert conducts an on-site visit that consists of:
- Examining the entire facility.
- Preparing and reviewing an initial summary of findings and observations.
- Creating a formal assessment report to be mailed to the owner or property manager that includes recommendations for energy-saving actions, cost estimates (incorporating low- or no-cost suggestions) and estimates of energy-savings potential.
The program uses a comprehensive assessment approach with all living units and common areas. Assessments of
individual living units will not be performed.
- Direct-install measures – Gain immediate cost savings! Our energy expert may install energy efficiency measures at no cost, as appropriate.
- Equipment and building shell rebates – Rebates for equipment and building shell upgrades also apply; refer to the
equipment, lighting and building shell programs for qualifying equipment and measures.
How to schedule an assessment
- You must be a customer with facilities located in MidAmerican Energy Company’s Iowa service territory.
- MidAmerican Energy Company must provide the primary electricity and/or natural gas to the building for which the rebate is being paid.
- Facilities must be built before Dec. 31, 2003.
- The building must have four or more living units, such as:
- An apartment complex
To schedule an assessment or for questions, call 877-401-4059
Nonresidential Equipment Custom Systems
How do your custom equipment and systems qualify for rebates?
Technology always is changing with new and innovative high-efficiency products. MidAmerican Energy encourages
these innovations and will review your equipment or systems to determine if they qualify.
Examples of projects that may qualify:
- Lighting redesign
- Premium-efficient motors >200 HP
- Energy management systems
- Boilers and furnaces >2.5 million Btuh input capacity
- Direct-fired heating systems
- Thermal energy storage
- Variable air volume conversions
- Heat-recovery systems
- Process boiler, chiller and refrigeration improvements
- Pumping system improvements
- All custom systems must have a less-efficient alternative available for baseline comparison purposes.
- Preapproval is required prior to purchase or installation. Projects must be completed within 12 months of preapproval. Complete this preapproval form.
- Eligibility is based on the qualifying equipment or system’s energy savings, peak demand savings, usage profile and incremental cost.
- Equipment must be new.
Custom Project Calculation and Industrial Partners bonus incentive calculation
Call MidAmerican Energy at 800-318-8915 with questions about application procedures, qualifying projects,
incentives or verification procedures.
Download Custom Systems Rebate Self-Verification Form