As a business owner, you look for investments with an attractive rate of return. Energy-efficient lighting is
just such an investment. As much as 40 percent of your electric bill may be just keeping the lights on.
Rebates cannot exceed 70 percent of the installed cost (materials and reasonable labor). You will receive
the lesser of the rebate amount or 70 percent of the installed cost.
View our lighting
- You must be a commercial or industrial business customer with facilities located in MidAmerican Energy Company’s Iowa service territory.
- MidAmerican Energy Company must provide the primary electricity to the equipment at the facility for which the rebate is being paid.
For additional information, visit:
How to apply for rebates
Download the application
and send along
with the product specifications, dated invoices and installation date(s).
Call 800-894-9599 with questions.
Nonresidential Equipment Custom Systems
Technology is always changing with new and innovative high-efficiency products. MidAmerican Energy encourages these innovations and if specific equipment you intend to purchase and install is not listed, it may qualify under Nonresidential Equipment Custom Systems.
- All custom systems must have a less-efficient alternative available for baseline comparison purposes.
- Preapproval is required prior to purchase or installation. Projects must be completed within 12 months of preapproval. Complete this preapproval form.
- Eligibility is based on the qualifying equipment or system’s energy savings, peak demand savings, usage profile and incremental cost.
- Equipment must be new.
Custom Project Calculation and Industrial Partners bonus incentive calculation
Did you receive preapproval and need a self-verification form? Download Custom Systems Rebate Self-Verification Form
Call MidAmerican Energy at 800-318-8915 with questions about application procedures, qualifying projects,
incentives or verification procedures.