If you’re searching for ways to lower your monthly farm energy bills and offset equipment costs, look no
further than MidAmerican Energy’s Agribusiness program. The program offers you no-cost energy assessments
to determine and prioritize energy efficiency improvements, rebates to help offset the cost to purchase
energy-efficient equipment and expert technical assistance.
Agribusiness Energy Assessment
It all starts with a free energy assessment for your agribusiness. Schedule an energy assessment and we’ll
arrange for an on-site visit from an energy expert to help you identify ways to reduce your energy use and
provide a report for energy-saving actions, cost estimates (including low- or no-cost suggestions), and
estimates of energy-saving potential.
- Direct-install measures – Gain immediate cost savings! Our energy expert may install energy efficiency measures at no cost, as appropriate.
- Equipment rebates – Some agribusinesses are able to capture big energy savings by installing
high-efficiency motors, fans and lighting. Rebates reduce the cost of equipment upgrades and make it
more affordable to install energy-efficient technologies included in our prescriptive programs, such
as lighting equipment; heating, ventilating and air conditioning equipment; and motors and
If specific equipment you intend to purchase and install is not listed, it may qualify under nonresidential
equipment custom systems. Examples of projects that may qualify:
- Heat-recovery systems
- Low-pressure irrigation systems
- Stock waterers
- Variable-speed drive vacuum pumps
- Milk plate coolers
- Scroll compressors
- Ventilation control systems
- Grain dryers
How to schedule an assessemnt
- You must be an agribusiness customer with facilities located in MidAmerican Energy Company’s Iowa service territory.
- MidAmerican Energy Company must provide the primary electricity and/or natural gas to the equipment at the facility for which the rebate is being paid.
- Transportation gas customers with daily metering are ineligible for natural gas incentives. However, customers with monthly metering under the Monthly Metered Transportation Service natural gas tariff are eligible for energy efficiency incentives.
To schedule an assessment or for questions, call 877-401-4059
Nonresidential Equipment Custom Systems
How do your custom equipment and systems qualify for rebates?
Technology always is changing with new and innovative high-efficiency products. MidAmerican Energy encourages
these innovations and will review your equipment or systems to determine if they qualify.
Examples of projects that may qualify:
- Lighting redesign
- Premium-efficient motors >200 HP
- Energy management systems
- Boilers and furnaces >2.5 million Btuh input capacity
- Direct-fired heating systems
- Thermal energy storage
- Variable air volume conversions
- Heat-recovery systems
- Process boiler, chiller and refrigeration improvements
- Pumping system improvements
- All custom systems must have a less-efficient alternative available for baseline comparison purposes.
- Preapproval is required prior to purchase or installation. Projects must be completed within 12 months of preapproval. Complete this preapproval form.
- Eligibility is based on the qualifying equipment or system’s energy savings, peak demand savings, usage profile and incremental cost.
- Equipment must be new.
Custom Project Calculation and Industrial Partners bonus incentive calculation
Call MidAmerican Energy at 800-318-8915 with questions about application procedures, qualifying projects,
incentives or verification procedures.
Download Custom Systems Rebate Self-Verification Form