If you’re searching for ways to lower your monthly energy bills and offset equipment costs, look no
further than MidAmerican Energy’s Agribusiness program. The program offers you a no-cost energy assessment
to determine and prioritize energy efficiency improvements, rebates to help offset the cost to purchase
energy-efficient equipment and expert technical assistance.
It all starts with a free energy assessment for your agribusiness. Schedule an energy assessment and we’ll
arrange for an on-site visit from an energy expert to help you identify ways to reduce your energy use and
provide a report for energy-saving actions, cost estimates (including low- or no-cost suggestions), and
estimates of energy-saving potential.
- Direct-install measures – Gain immediate cost savings. Our energy expert may install energy efficiency measures at no cost, as appropriate.
- Equipment rebates – Some agribusinesses are able to capture big energy savings by installing
high-efficiency motors, fans and lighting. Rebates reduce the cost of equipment upgrades and make it
more affordable to install energy-efficient technologies included in our prescriptive programs; refer
to the equipment, lighting and motors and variable-speed drives information for qualifing equipment
How to schedule an assessment
- You must be an agribusiness customer with facilities located in MidAmerican Energy Company’s Iowa service territory.
- MidAmerican Energy Company must provide the primary electricity and/or natural gas to the equipment at the facility for which the rebate is being paid.
- Transportation gas customers with daily metering are ineligible for natural gas incentives. However, customers with monthly metering under the Monthly Metered Transportation Service natural gas tariff are eligible for energy efficiency incentives.
To schedule an assessment or for questions, call 877-401-4059
If specific equipment you intend to purchase and install is not listed, it may qualify under
Nonresidential Equipment Custom Systems. Examples of projects that may qualify:
- Heat-recovery systems
- Low-pressure irrigation systems
- Stock waterers
- Variable-speed drive vacuum pumps
- Milk plate coolers
- Scroll compressors
- Ventilation control systems
- Grain dryers
- All custom systems must have a less-efficient alternative available for baseline comparison purposes.
- Preapproval is required prior to purchase or installation. Projects must be completed within 12 months of preapproval. Complete this preapproval form.
- Eligibility is based on the qualifying equipment or system’s energy savings, peak demand savings, usage profile and incremental cost.
- Equipment must be new.
Custom Project Calculation and Industrial Partners bonus incentive calculation
Call MidAmerican Energy at 800-318-8915 with questions about application procedures, qualifying projects,
incentives or verification procedures.
Download Custom Systems Rebate Self-Verification Form